Monday, July 3, 2006

"Down"

I can’t win yet I can’t let myself lose

the strength to hold on, I get weaker with you

I thought it would change, I thought I could hold on

but I’ve nothing left to give, my strength is all gone

Baby we’ve tried, I just don’t know how, I look at myself

I’m just going Down

Honey I know, I needed you so, but we both know it’s time

we’re just going Down

Down to the deep, where words break our heart

but honey I’ve prayed, for a brand new start

I can’t think about you leaving, about the slam in my heart

the door was wide open, but you kept us apart

I thought it was me, thought maybe you

the places we go to, together me and you

But baby we’ve tried, I just don’t know how, I look at myself

I’m just going Down

Honey I know, I needed you so, but we both know it’s time

we’re just going Down

Down to the depths, of this broken heart

but honey I feel, you drove us apart

I know I can give more of myself, I know if you wanted I could be yours

the strength to give up, is going down on you

I tried it once before, I tried to start out new

but you don’t love the me that is, when I want you to love me too

But baby I’ve tried, I just don’t know how, I look at myself

I’m just going Down

Honey I know, I needed you so, but I know it’s time

I’m just getting Down

Down deeper, Down lower, Down to the ground

I’ve beat myself up, I’ve loved you so much

I just can’t keep going, Down to where I’ve gone

I’m tired of giving up, tied of giving in

but baby I can do it over, start loving once again

No comments: